SPARSHOLT VILLAGE SHOP ASSOCIATION LIMITED - PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give or have given to Sparsholt Village Shop Association Limited ('us', 'our', 'we' or 'the Association'), or to any that we may collect from you and applies to personal information processed by us or on our behalf.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this notice in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. Any changes will be reported annually at the Association's Annual General and will be available on enquiry of the Association's Secretary (our 'Secretary').
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Secretary is the data protection officer appointed by us in respect of your personal data.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we use comprises your personal contact details, for example title, name, postal address and email address.
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We will collect personal information from you when you become one of the Association's shareholders or have made a donation to support us or have expressed an interest in being informed of our new products and services through the periodic Shop Newsletter.
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you by way of the Shop Newsletter of developments in relation to new product or service lines offered by the Shop operated by us,
- Where you are a donor to send to your postal address a Gift Debenture on receipt of your donation,
- To update your records, trace your whereabouts or recover debt,
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies,
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products and services,
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as, to follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies, in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
6. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we are relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us our Secretary, by writing to him/her at Sparsholt Village Shop, Woodman Lane, Sparsholt, SO21 2NR.
7. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records by contacting our Secretary, whose details are in paragraph 6 above.
8. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
Yes, if you become a shareholder of or donor to the Association or if you wish to be informed of developments and new products are services offered by us, or if we require it in order to deal with you as a supplier.
9. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we will hold your personal information:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations,
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services and then as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or for retention periods in line with legal and requirements,
- If you are a shareholder of the Association, for as long as you continue to qualify as a member on a residence basis or, if your membership has lapsed pursuant to the operation of the Association's Rules by reason of the cessation of your residency within the Sparsholt Parish bounds, upon our being notified of such cessation, (although this will not operate in relation to any individual in respect of whom the Management Committee has exercised its power under the Rules to grant membership of the Association notwithstanding their residing outside the Sparsholt Parish boundary),
- If you are a donor to the Association, for six years following receipt of your donation,
- If you are a customer of or supplier to the Shop, for a period ending 12 months following the Shop's last dealings with you.
10. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Unless subject to an exemption under the General Data Protection Regulations (or any legislation deriving from them), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right, where we are relying upon your consent to process or use your personal data, to withdraw such consent at any time
- The right to request that we provide you a copy of the personal data held in respect of you and, where possible, transmit that data directly to another data controller - known as the right to data portability. (This only applies where the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and, in either case we process the data by automated means.)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object our processing of your personal data. (This only applies where such processing is (i) based on our exercise of our legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), or (ii) our engaging in direct marketing or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details provided in Paragraph 6.